Monday 17 October 2011

Diary Entry 1

Today I did my draft for my preliminary task. Our preliminary task is to create a school magazine front cover and contents page. MY target audience is year 7 and year 8 girls. I've been keeping this in mind when choosing my masthead 'The Haydon Times' and also when choosing my colour scheme. I chose that specific target audience because female students are more likely to buy a school magazine because they are generally more interested in their education. I chose the colour scheme blue, yellow and red because they are bright, eye-catching colours which will attract young girls.
I chose female models for my front cover image and my contents page image because females are my target audience. I made sure all of my colours and fonts stood out to appeal to the reader and then I started using Photoshop to put my magazine together. I had no difficulty using Photoshop but if I'd had more time, I would've use more text effects to make my magazine more interesting.



No comments:

Post a Comment