Wednesday 28 March 2012

Essay Question 6

What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing the product?



Transcript:
The main format I used when creating my magazine was Adobe Photoshop. This format allows me to edit photos (e.g. reshaping, retouching, adjusting sizes) and I always used this when incorporating images into my magazine. These editing effects allowed me to make the magazine appear more professional and sophisticated. I used many of these techniques and found them very helpful, and this is evident on my contents page, because I have changed my main image to black and white - which I think certainly gives it sophistication and edge; exactly how I want to present my magazine.
Photoshop also allows me to edit text (e.g. glow effects, drop shadows, black outlining) and I found this extremely useful during the process of creating my magazine. I learnt to value the outline effect because it makes the text pop and stand out - cleverly catching my readers' eye. I used the outline effect frequently throughout my magazine and I think this makes the magazine more exciting and attractive.
When doing the photo shoot for my magazine, I learnt how to use Canon 550D DSLR. I had never used this type of camera before and found it to be very helpful when taking the images for my magazine. I adjusted the focus of the camera a lot during my photo shoots and I think this gave my images variety. I didn't want my images to have many effects on them, so the change of focus made my images unique enough, but not too complicated. When changing the focus of the camera, I had to be careful not to blur the face/body of my model, which at the beginning I struggled with but I learnt the appropriate techniques.
When doing my indoor photo shoot, I learnt how to use a different camera to create a time lapse. The camera was set up to view me and my model taking photo's. It took a image every ten seconds and when I was finished I stopped it and edited it all together. I put all the images together and added music, and I think this gave me even more knowledge about how cameras can be used during photo shoots. For the outdoor photo shoot, I got another media student to take images so I could do a 'Behind the Scenes' slideshow and this is shown on my blog. I added audio to it and the music I used is in-keeping with my indie/rock theme because I used a well-known indie/rock artist.
Each week throughout the process of creating our magazine, we have had to do diary entries explaining what we had been working on in each media lesson. I used several different ways to display this information, such as Prezi. I had also used Prezi to create presentations about audience profiles, mood boards and my magazine proposal.
To display all of the documents I have used and created throughout this magazine making process, I have used a blog site called Blogger. This blogging technique has been an excellent way to present all of my work. I had never used a blog site before but Blogger is very simple to use, and labelling makes it very effective and it makes it easy to access all of my documents.

No comments:

Post a Comment