Wednesday 28 March 2012

Essay Question 7


Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?






Transcript:
One of the many things I feel I have learnt in the progression from the preliminary task to the full product, is the importance of time. To make an effective and successful product, it requires time and effort which you have to be able to give when making a product. I put in a lot of time and effort when making my final product and I think this shows when one looks at my magazine. For my preliminary task, we were limited in time because we were just practising for when we made the final product. 
Also, you need to be able to put a lot of effort into trying our different skills and techniques on Adobe Photoshop. When doing my preliminary task, I had limited time therefore I did not get to try as many different techniques as I would have liked. So, when making my final product I decided on times when I would experiment with different effects on Photoshop and I think this worked very well. I was able to see which effects worked the best for my magazine, and which would attract my audience in the most effective way. Doing the preliminary task allowed me to familiarise myself with Adobe Photoshop and I found this very useful because I did not have to waste anytime when it came to doing my final product; therefore I learnt that practise is vital when getting ready to create a full product.
I also learnt a lot more about the importance of considering your target audience. For my preliminary task I knew who my target audience was and the different ways I could attract them, but when doing my final product I constantly thought about what my target audience wanted and how I could give it to them: I did an audience profile, mood board and also a magazine proposal which went into even more detail about my magazine.
One thing I have learnt is incredibly effective when creating a product successfully is planning. I did plan for my preliminary task, however I did much more planning for my full product. The detailed planning allowed me to be more prepared when it came to editing my final product. The importance of a detailed proposal is something I have also learnt. I did not do a proposal for my preliminary task, which I think could have benefited me if I'd had the time to do it. My magazine proposal for my final product contained information about the specific content of the magazine, business details (e.g. how much it will cost, subscription details etc.) and many more details that allowed me to look at my product like it was a real magazine. 
Also, I learnt to take lots of images and do them from several different angles in order to provide variety and make the magazine more interesting. The images I included in my preliminary task were all basically the same angle, whereas for my final product I used different angles constantly and took lots of images so I had lots to choose from and wasn't limited in my choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment